Holmby Hills is highly sought after for its fantastic weather, prodigious lots with breathtaking views, and verdant backyards that cumulatively add to the neighborhood's revered mystique.
Welcome to Holmby HillsHolmby Hills is amongst the most expensive neighborhoods in America, let alone Los Angeles. As part of the Platinum Triangle, along with Beverly Hills to the East, and Bel Air on the North, Holmby Hills real estate is home to some of the world's largest and most distinguished homes. Unlike the neighborhoods of Hollywood Hills and West Hollywood or even Trousdale Estates, Holmby Hills offers rare property lots that over the years have been renovated into mega-estates. Holmby Hills real estate is highly sought after for its fantastic weather, prodigious lots with breathtaking views, and verdant backyards and landscaping add to the neighborhood's revered mystique. Holmby Hill's location is another marvellous perk, as it offers easy access to the most esteemed areas of Los Angeles.
Development of Holmby Hills real estate began when millionaire Arthur Letts, Sr. purchased 400 acres of Wolfskill Ranch in the early 20th century. Though he died before construction was completed, his son-in-law Harold Janss oversaw the transformation of Holmby Hills into the ultimate Residential Estate Development of its time. To this day, his vision to create a neighborhood of the most grandiose estates has flourished as Holmby Hills has maintained its elite status as one of the most luxurious and exclusive neighborhoods in the country. Air travel from Holmby Hills can be done through Los Angeles International Airport for those looking to fly commercially to locations all over the world. For those flying privately, both the Santa Monica Airpark and Van Nuys World Airport are closely located. Santa Monica Airpark is less traveled, but has fewer FBOs and more restrictions to the size, weight and noise coming out of the airport, so "heavy" planes, such as Gulfstream jets, can't fly cross-country departing from Santa Monica. Van Nuys offers more accommodations to larger private planes, including all forms of Gulfstream, Boeing BBJ, 727s and other large-format aircraft.
Holmby Hills Real Estate InsightsAs a prime luxury real estate market, Holmby Hills attracts buyers from all over the world. There are many famous homes in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles including the Playboy mansion. Right down the street from the Playboy mansion in Holmby Hills is the 50,000-plus-square-foot mansion previously owned by the late Aaron Spelling and his wife Candy, which comes complete with a screening room, as well as a "present-wrapping room." Candy Spelling recently sold the mansion on 4.7 acres to a 22-year-old British heiress for less than the $150,000,000 asking price.
Holmby Hills is a neighborhood filled with large estate lots and homes that are priced above $10,000,000. The median listing price per square footage is $1,090. "Little Holmby" is a neighborhood to the west, closer to UCLA that has more affordably priced homes. Expect to find properties priced in the many of millions of dollars, but not well into the eight figures that you will find in Holmby Hills.
As one of Los Angeles’ most affluent and exclusive neighborhoods, Holmby Hills is home to some of the nation’s leading high-level business and entertainment executives. Besides extraordinary mega-estates with the utmost privacy, Holmby Hills real estate is desirable for its lush landscaping and proximity to some of the world’s most exclusive private country clubs. Holmby Hills has attracted the rich and famous since its development of the first mansions built in 1920s and has been the home to Interscope Records founder James "Jimmy" Lovine, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner and Hollywood legends such as Judy Garland, Humphrey Bogart and Barbra Streisand.
The People and Lifestyle
- 594 South Mapleton Dr. $85 Million - 7/14/11
- 111 North Mapleton Dr. $21.5 Million - 5/3/11
- 250 Delfern Dr. $19.5 Million - 2/25/13
- 320 North Carolwood Dr. $18.5 Million - 11/12/10
- 100 North Carolwood Dr. $18.1 Million - 11/2/12
- *360 South Mapleton Dr. $14.888 Million - 12/14/10
- 530 South Mapleton Dr. $14.4 Million - 8/5/11
- 200 South Mapleton Dr. $13.75 Million - 5/25/11
- *550 South Mapleton Dr. $13.6 Million - 11/3/10
- 210 North Carolwood Dr. $13.5 Million - 2/17/11
- 201 Delfern Dr. $12 Million - 10/31/12
- 651 North Faring Dr. $11.5 Million - 3/23/12
- 355 South Mapleton Dr. $11 Million - 8/6/10
- 100 South Mapleton Dr. $10.175 Million - 2/13/12
- 250 North Carolwood Dr. $9.49 Million - 3/19/12
- 130 Delfern Dr. $8.4 Million - 10/25/11
- 271 South Mapleton Dr. $8.25 Million - 6/9/11
- 560 North Beverly Glen $8 Million - 5/3/11
- 444 North Faring Rd. $7.375 Million - 3/31/11
- 10372 West Sunset Blvd. $7.2 Million - 11/30/12
- 1188 Brooklawn Dr. $6.2 Million - 12/20/10
- 1150 Brooklawn Dr. $4.8 Million - 6/15/12
- 302 Parkwood Dr. $4.5 Million - 12/13/12
- 520 North Beverly Glen $4.225 Million - 12/1/11
- 221 South Beverly Glen $3.4 Million - 11/5/10
Want to continue your home search? Contact us today to schedule a showing of our homes for sale in Holmby Hills.